International Student Registration Information
International Student Application
Student Visa Overview
International student tuition information is provided through our partner agencies. For more information regarding the international student tuition rate, please contact Mr. Alex Salvo.
or call (801) 394-1515 and dial 3
International students are a vital part of the Saint Joseph Catholic High School community. The objective of our Global Scholar Program is to increase, with our ESL program, the English fluency of limited English speakers so that they can be successful in the mainstream high school classes in preparation for university. Our global scholars participate in all aspects of the community life; from the classroom where they receive an excellent college preparatory education, to the sports field where they can participate in a full range of 15 interscholastic sports, to the stage where they can act in our renowned musical and dramatic productions. Our remarkable 1:10 teacher to student ratio is the best of all high schools in Utah. Our students enjoy all of this in a caring and disciplined environment where their individual worth and development are foremost in the minds of our school's faculty, administration and staff. Students arrive as capable learners but graduate as courageous leaders prepared for college and success in their future.
Requirements to apply to Saint Joseph Catholic High School:
If student will graduate from SJCHS:
- English Proficiency: ITEP-SLATE, TOEFL or other English test. Our school offers ESL classes as support to our international students. The test is a tool for the school and for the correct academic placement.
- Original Transcripts (You can email an electronic copy to apply to our program, but the original will be required after acceptance to Saint Joseph Catholic.)
- A personal letter stating why you want to apply to Saint Joseph and study in America (the letter must be written in English).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor from your current school.
- A Skype interview with Saint Joseph's admissions officer
- Registration fee ($200) - please send by international money transfer or pay with a credit card. Please call our front office to pay over the phone, 801-394-1515 ext 1.
- Completed application form from our Website
If student will not graduate from SJCHS--One year exchange program:
- Send your academic transcripts to our international office
- Pay $200 application fee
- Send completed application from our website
- English proficiency test (helpful but not required)
If you are applying from China or Vietnam, then you must go through our agencies that represent those countries. All other countries can apply directly to Saint Joseph Catholic High School.
China: Elite Educational Global
Vietnam: Education Path
Tel: +84 8 3820 8086
Admission decisions are based on the student's academic record, application and admissions evaluation at the school.
You will receive a letter from Saint Joseph Catholic High School stating your acceptance to our program. Saint Joseph Catholic High School will send you an I-20 for you to begin the process of your visa application. All fees associated with the visa application are the responsibility of the students and parents.
The student will then present the I-20 to the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to obtain student status. Students may also enroll under other legally acceptable avenues.Tuition and fees must be paid by July 1st, to secure your spot in our school. If you are on a waiting list, then you will be required to pay the fees only if a space becomes available.
Students will be assigned a Host Family through Saint Joseph Catholic High School. Students, who do not live with their parents or school assigned Host Families, are required to live with a parent-designated guardian who is at least 25 years of age. Under no circumstances are international students permitted to live alone while at Saint Joseph Catholic High School.
English as a Second Language (ESL):
The courses at Saint Joseph Catholic High School are taught in English. ESL personnel are available to provide assistance.
Upon arrival, the student will be tested for proficiencies in Math and English to be placed in the appropriate course selection. This schedule will be executed by our Registrar.
Arriving in the United States
For students arriving for the fall semester, students are required to arrive no later than one week prior to the first day of school. For students arriving in the spring semester, students are required to arrive no later than four days prior to the spring semester start date.
Upon arrival to the United States, you will need to bring the following original documents to our office:
- Original transcripts - English certified by an American Embassy or Consulate NO EXCEPTIONS
- Vaccination Record (You must have all vaccinations required by the United States of America and State of Utah before you can begin school.)
- TB Test - conducted in your home country. Results need to be noted in your vaccination record.
- Proof of Health Insurance by an American Company
If any of these documents are missing or not complete by the first day of school then Saint Joseph Catholic High School reserves the right to withdraw the student from our program and cancel the I-20.