Dear parents, students, and community,
I want to extend a huge welcome to all of you and assure you that decisions will always follow the mission of our school and community because we are all committed to continue the successes of St. Joseph!
After five years, I am thrilled to still be the principal of St. Joseph Catholic High School, rich tradition and history. I am humbled by the opportunity to serve the Saint Joseph Catholic High School community and hope to continue leading this magnificent community for years to come. The administration, faculty, staff, parents, students, and parishes are what make St. Joseph a wonderful school and we plan to continue.
The dedication of the faculty and staff, parents, board members, and students have always motivated me to keep pushing for improvement in and out of the classroom. We will continue building the premier academic preparation our community has come to expect, just as we continue to make numerous improvements to the physical plant.
I look forward to meeting those new to our community and helping you see all of the wonderful things happening here! Thanks to all of you for entrusting your children to our care! Go Jayhawks!
Clay Jones, principal
Saint Joseph Catholic High School has proudly offered the AP Capstone program since 2018!
How it works:
The College Board’s AP Capstone is an innovative college-level program based on two courses—AP Seminar and AP Research—that complement and enhance discipline-specific AP courses. The program gives students a chance to practice core academic skills they need to complete college. The ability to think independently, write effectively, research, collaborate, and learn across disciplines is essential for success in college, career, and beyond. Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP Exams of their choosing receive the AP Capstone Diploma™. This signifies their outstanding academic achievement and attainment of college-level academic and research skills. Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in both AP Seminar and AP Research but not on four additional AP Exams receive the AP Seminar and Research Certificate™. AP Capstone was developed in response to feedback from higher education and is easily implemented, affordable, and flexible. It has the potential to differentiate and transform high schools and their students by elevating the learning environment through a challenging, college-level program with high standards of assessment.
Benefits of AP Capstone: Students:
* Fosters the research, argumentation, and communication skills at the core of college readiness and lifelong learning.
* Provides a setting to build on the knowledge and rigorous coursework of AP in an interdisciplinary format.
* Lets students show colleges that they’ve challenged themselves academically and also illustrate their passion and interest in specific research topics.
* Makes students self-confident, independent thinkers prepared for higher education.
* Allows high schools to differentiate themselves by implementing a challenging program.
* Lets teachers improve their teaching skills in a student-centered classroom environment.
* Offers a flexible curricular content model with room for creativity and student input.
* Offers an implementation model schools can customize for scheduling demands, curricular structures, or state and local requirements.
* Builds professional excellence in a week-long, collaborative professional development institute.
* Helps high school students gain research, collaboration, and communication skills essential for college and for today’s complex and interconnected world.
* Identifies students with the research, writing, and collaboration skills necessary to complete college.
* Identifies students able to articulate their passion and interests in specific research topics.
* Provides consistent, externally validated measures of student ability.
* Demonstrates student research and writing ability through a 4,000–5,000-word scholarly research paper.
* For credit policy and other information, visit: collegeboard.org/apcapstonehed
These are two good videos about the AP Capstone program:
The program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzjskIBLIM
Student perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aoEXEIQKTM
The Saint Joseph Catholic High School community greatly values its diversity. 30% of our students belong to faiths other than Catholic. 56% percent of our students are Caucasian, 30% are Hispanic, 6% are Asian, 1% are African Americans, 2% are Pacific Islanders, and 1% are American Indians.
Our class of 2019 with 49 students achieved
Our class of 2018 with 42 students achieved
Our class of 2016 with 43 students achieved
Our class of 2015 with 44 students achieved
Our class of 2014 with 49 students achieved
Our class of 2013 with 38 students achieved
Our class of 2012 with 36 students achieved
2980 Quincy Avenue, Ogden, UT 84403 | Phone 801-393-6051 | Fax 801-393-6086
1790 Lake Street, Ogden, UT 84401 | Phone 801-394-1515
Click HERE to translate this page in to another language.
Copyright © 2020 St. Joseph Catholic School - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder